Foreign students visit part two

Continuing to build foreign relations, 41 second year students from Niigata Minami High School will visit on March 20-22. When the students arrive, there will be an opening ceremony that includes a performance from dance and an introduction from both school. Unlike last year’s visit they will have two buddies that accompany them to different classes and activities. Assistant Principal Jamie Lee plans to introduce the idea of connecting each school using Belouga, which allows the possibility of virtual exchanges.There are also plans to meet with Joseph Rewa who is planning a trip to Japan over summer. On their last day, the students will take a trip to the San Diego Safari Park and Beckman Center for Conservation Research. At the Beckman Center the students will be able to engage with conservation scientists and participate in hands-on activities.

“Students today are more connected, more mobile than any prior generation. It is imperative that students have opportunities to connect with their global neighbors because they will be working together in the future.” Lee said.

About the Writers
Arlin Sese, Assistant Editor

This is Arlin’s second year on staff. She is currently a sophomore and is still trying to find out what she wants to do in the future. Arlin was born in the Philippines on Aug. 19 and came to America when she was about five years old. She has lived in San Diego County for approximately 10 years. In third grade, she lived in Virginia due to her mom being in the military and after, went back to California. During her middle school years, Arlin went to two different schools. For sixth grade, she attended a school in Mira Mesa. The next two years, she attended Hidden Valley after her family moved to Escondido.

At the moment, Arlin enjoys occasionally reading books or manga, drawing and just thinking. She also likes playing around with her sister, with a side-dish of teasing. Arlin enjoys being on staff. She may not really like some of the stressful bits, but the people and the environment are always there for her. Arlin is not entirely sure what she will do in the future, but being so...