Alumni Association

Back to Article
Back to Article

Alumni Association

Jessica Young

Jessica Young

Jessica Young

From the first graduating class of 1964 and on wards, alumni have come together to form a the Orange Glen Alumni Association. The association is a nonprofit organization that consists of not only school alumni, but also current and former employees. When the association started, members thought about what they wanted to accomplish. The Alumni Association would like to recognize students for hard work and put up a memorial on campus to honor a former student, Juan Pablo Cisneros, who died in the World Trade Center on 9/11 and a memorial for former ROTC Senior Naval Science Instructor Commander Charles Jenkins. Jenkins worked with the school for 23 years. In addition, they have planned to bring the Eric Paredes Save a Life Foundation to the school October 2019. The association members came together in order to support the school after they have graduated or retired. They raise money and host events to keep alumni together and put money back into campus.

“We all have the common bond of being a Patriot, and that shouldn’t stop once we have graduated and left the campus,” Alumni Association President Holly Meserve said. She is a 1990 graduate.

About the Writer
Arlin Sese, Assistant Editor

This is Arlin’s second year on staff. She is currently a sophomore and is still trying to find out what she wants to do in the future. Arlin was born in the Philippines on Aug. 19 and came to America when she was about five years old. She has lived in San Diego County for approximately 10 years. In third grade, she lived in Virginia due to her mom being in the military and after, went back to California. During her middle school years, Arlin went to two different schools. For sixth grade, she attended a school in Mira Mesa. The next two years, she attended Hidden Valley after her family moved to Escondido.

At the moment, Arlin enjoys occasionally reading books or manga, drawing and just thinking. She also likes playing around with her sister, with a side-dish of teasing. Arlin enjoys being on staff. She may not really like some of the stressful bits, but the people and the environment are always there for her. Arlin is not entirely sure what she will do in the future, but being so...